Project up-date - May 2012:By the end of April 2012 we have added more names to our list with a possible connection to the Ryde District prior to WWI.
- We have found a total of 1819 names ( but many are still just a surnames and initials)
- We have identified 992 by finding their full names and/or service numbers - that's 54.5% found!
- It leaves 827 names still to be identified.
- From the total - we have also found 339 (- that's 18.6%) were killed in action or died of wounds.
We have started a points system for the information we find - each connection to the District we find gives them more points!
- so far the leading lad is David Chestnut (see - A Gallipoli story ... the previous Anzac week blog)